"Ben Bleything" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
000001c11891$447271c0$0201a8c0@allegro">news:000001c11891$447271c0$0201a8c0@allegro...
> Hey all,
>
> I want to craft a header such that it seems to the page that data has
> been POST'ed to it... Here's the situation:  I'm writing a login page to
> my application, and if they log in incorrectly, I want the page to
> redisplay, but I want it to throw out an error message.  I'm currently
> doing it by
>
> header("Location: login.php?failure=true");
>
> but I'd like to make it transparent.  Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Ben

You cannot send ANY text or html tag (even a space ) before usin header
function.
If you have to get something displayed.
I suggest to use then :
 echo "<HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV=\"Refresh\" CONTENT=\"4;
URL=login.php?failure=true\"></HEAD>";

Regards,
Jacques