On 9/24/2001 1:15 PM this was written:

> OK, now the session ID is getting passed like it should. Now for the two
> missing variables. Try moving the two assignment statements ahead of the two
> session_register() calls - "assign, then register". I have never seen this
> make a difference, but the pros on this list say that is the way it needs to
> be done.

Done, I switched the four lines around.
<?
error_reporting(E_ALL);
session_start();

$var1 = "My var 1";
$var2 = "My var 2";

session_register("var1");
session_register("var2");

?><HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Session Page 1</TITLE>
</HEAD>

<BODY BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF>

PHPSESSID: <? echo $PHPSESSID; ?><BR>
Var1: <? echo $var1; ?><BR>
Var2: <? echo $var2; ?><BR>

<FORM ACTION="index2.php" METHOD="POST">
Passing sessid: <INPUT TYPE=TEXT VALUE="<? echo $PHPSESSID; ?>" SIZE=40
NAME="PHPSESSID"><BR>
VAR 3: <INPUT TYPE=TEXT VALUE="My Var 3" NAME="myvar3"> <INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT
VALUE="go"><BR>
</FORM>
<BR>
<A HREF="index2.php?<?=SID?>">Try this link</A>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--

Thomas Deliduka