I use to save my access data to a dbf file and then use the dbf2mysql (see
www.mysql.com site).
dbf2mysql will create proper tables and export data to the mysql really
faster than odbc.
Very easy.
I have exported someting like 5.000.000 records into 8 differents tables in
4 hours (3 cdroms of access data, 1 cd of dbf data :)
And no need to create the table into mysql (this could be long if the table
is big).

Byez