Just a thought...

Check out crescent internet toolkit by Progress Software.  It has a control
for VB that lets you post data to a script, rather than relying on an HTML
form...

Can you just use a query string?  you may have to code your own urlencode()
function in VB, but that may be an option.

Maybe you can invoke cURL from vb.  It's free, but I do not know if it has
a Win32 version.

Hope it helps.
-Jason Garber
IonZoft.com