My bad for typing it in from memory. I'd retyped it in a few times, so I
thought i had it perfect.  Here's the exact code:

print_r ($HTTP_POSTVARS); // yeilds the array that I pasted down below
if ($flag=="process")
{
$whatdo = $HTTP_POSTVARS['whatdo'];
print_r($what_do);   // blank
.
.
.

 for ($x=0;$x<=$row;$x++)
 {

 $whatdox = $whatdo[$x];
print $whatdox;  // blank
.
.
.
//loop start
        <input type="radio" name="whatdo[<?php print $row?>]" value="load"
checked>
        Load<br>
        <input type="radio" name="whatdo[<?php print $row?>]"
value="delete">
        Delete<br>
        <input type="radio" name="whatdo[<?php print $row?>]"
value="change">
        Change Category</p>
.
.