So far the best books that I have found for PHP and MySQL are:

PHP: Developer's Cookbook by Sterlings Hughes (SAMS)

MySQL/PHP Database Applications by Jay Greenspan & Brad Bulger (M&T books)

I believe another person on our mailing list is putting out a book soon...
hopefully maybe he'll rear his head, this would be a good time to promote it
:) *nudge nudge*

Enjoy!

Rick