In that case, I don't think I understand what you're asking.

Are you saying that the file stored on the server's filesystem after a
multipart/form-data POSTing has the MIME type added to its content?
Because our servers handle thousands of such transactions daily and it's
certainly not happening here.

If you're saying that you're running an obsolete version of PHP, well,
updating should be a prerequisite to posting with problems.

miguel