Hi Dan!

> >> A)  Do you want to place a limit on the size of a single file being
> >> uploaded?
> [...]
> > Second, I want to be able to prevent my (limited) traffic to
> > be "exhausted". Simple reason: I pay for anything above let's say
> > 10 GB of traffic. So what PHP offers to me AFAIK enables me to
> > protect my space, but not my traffic.
> You are absolutly correct. Welcome to the client/server
> relationship. Your
> PHP is *entirely* server side, meaning that (in a HTTP[S] PUT
> or POST) the
> entire file is sent to PHP before it can work out if its too
> big or not.

I know this, not this new to CGI... ;))))) The only thing I thought/hoped
was that maybe there's a way to recieve the file size information before
upping the entire file. Like with email or news, where I can download
headers
seperated from the message body... But as far as I can see, this is not
possible. Sad but true ;)

So I have to trust my visitors ;)

Cheers,

Kiko