Hello,
  I'm not to sure about the servers. I use Windows XP Pro and I'm coding and
stuff offline to learn more about php, lasso and mysql. I've been doing this
awile now but I've had problems with various php/mysql scripts. I usually
get scripts from hotscripts.com and have prolly about 100 different programs
running. Just messing moreless.

On IIS 5.0 that comes with WINXP Pro, I ran IIS5.0, MySQL, PHP and Lasso.
Every once in a while, IIS would hang and would not do anything at all. This
happened on many propular scripts such as php nuke.

I have also ran the same configuration above along with Cold Fusion and
tried, Xitami (imatix.com), Omnihttpd, and Apache..

All these servers ran well with no problems. Xitami is slow, Apache is much
better but I don't care much for non gui stuff, and Omnihttpd is the fastest
in my opinion.

However, I'm only using this software on a home computer, Gateway 1.5 MHZ
with 512 MB ram. I am now using apache again on WINXP PRO and all has been
well for now.

Personally, I like IIS although it does get slow on smaller servers with
alot of traffic. ASP and the likes slow it down to much for me but other
than that, there is alot of documentation for seting it up to run various
programs such as Cold Fusion, Lasso, Php ect.

I know this isn't much help. It's just my thoughts on what I've went through
recently and just my general thoughts on the server. Remember, Apache on
WIN2K or any windows machine isn't nearly as fast as on linux.

Chris