Привет!

Peter Goggin wrote:
> Can this be done using only PHP or do I need to use Javascripts?

managing this in PHP should be considered *only* when jscript is not
available. It's a matter of load distribution.

When doing client server applications (like the web is) you shall always
remember that any interaction about the two entities adds up time to the
result. Which, incidentally, is the point in using Stored Procedures
(when they are properly coded and the db engine is capable of supporting
them) instead of making tons of single SQL calls from a single PHP script.

Now, if all of your data is already on the client (somehow stoked in
jscript variables) your user interaction will be quick and easy. If you
call PHP any time you will get a serious delay (because you do issue a
request along the net, then the server processes it and sends it back to
your browser, that again processes it and shows it). So this should be
considered an emergency solution only.

A 100% robust solution should contain both, and call PHP only if jscript
is not available on the client. But this is costly and requires the two
procedures to be realigned everytime you have some change going on. Most
applications can just use javascript and forget about it.

пока
Альберто
Киев

--

LoRd, CaN yOu HeAr Me, LiKe I'm HeArInG yOu?
lOrD i'M sHiNiNg...
YoU kNoW I AlMoSt LoSt My MiNd, BuT nOw I'm HoMe AnD fReE
tHe TeSt, YeS iT iS
ThE tEsT, yEs It Is
tHe TeSt, YeS iT iS
ThE tEsT, yEs It Is.......