Hey Serdar:

Have you ever heard of a piece of Software called 1st Place...
You can create a simulation of that...  It is used for
Cooperative Education Services...  We have it in place
here at Memorial University (Canada)...
It gives coordinators of various cooperative education
programmes a decent way of keeping track of Employers
for Interns participating in their programmes, Students
enrolled as interns, schedules for job interviews...  e.t.c
A similar type of software is Place Pro...

Here is what happens: There is a user friendly front end...
When an Employer enlists to the program (i.e. when they
want to contact students from a particular field they contact
our office and are entered into the DataBase)  All relevant info.
is stored...  Queries are in the form of forms...  and are made
against a couple of Databases in our Case Student.db
(holding Students), Company.db (holding Company info),
Schedule (I am not sure what table that one is held in)...
Noticably they are all Paradox Tables...  There are Lock
Mechanisms that prevent Overwriting of a particular Row
given two people are logged on at the same time...  Such
a project would depend on the ability to which your mind
can conjure up pictures relating to such a project...  Alot of
features are taken into account...  p/s: when engaging in
such a project you ought to take into account security...
You don't want every Tom, Dick and Harry to get at your
Data (Hence the User Friendly Front End Should be straight
Forward as well as Secure)...

Good Luck in Your final decision...

Spike...