On Wed, 17 Jul 2002, Martin Clifford wrote:
> I'd like to get everyone's input on Jobs and Certs.  I know there are a
> couple Certifications for web developers out there, such as the CIW and
> CWP certifications.

I don't know if this is what you want to hear, but I can tell you that as
a rule, I don't hire people who advertise certifications on their resume.

I've found that they correlate pretty strongly with incompetence, to the
point where nothing saves me more time when filtering through resumes than
first throwing away the ones covered with acroyms starting with C or MC.

People who have the skills, demonstrate it through their work experience,
walking through their sample code with me, and their ability to explain
how they would perform a task. People who trumpet certifications
overwhelmingly seem to be people who were unable to advance their careers
based on the strength of their skills, and so chose to resort to a paper
method instead. I'm not saying anything about you here, just suggesting
that you consider alternate means of impressing employers.

miguel