Hello,

On 10/31/2002 12:01 AM, Maxim Maletsky wrote:
Guys,

The other day, one of my clients asked me this very tricky question:

"Can we also use that XML data for making MS Word (.doc) files?"

Our system is designed to produce XML output independently to then later
transform it into HTML with PHP/XSLT and PDF with FOP. Now, the client
also wants MS Word.

I doubted he could, but my intuition suggested me to research on it.
Without any luck so far.

Does anyone know if there is any possibility doing it? I looked on web
but did not really find anything.
If your server is running under Windows, you can use COM objects for generating MS Word documents.

Anyway, if you can generate RTF documents from your XML, just serve them with MS Word content type and .doc file name extension and MS Word will open them seeminglessly.

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos