From: Chris Shiflett [mailto:shiflett@;php.net] Sent: Sunday, November 03, 2002 10:15 PM
To: Paul
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [PHP] Global Variables Off

You didn't really tell us how you're passing data or what is not
working.

Try this. Create a test script called test.php that looks like this:

<?
echo "<p>The test variable is [" . $_GET["test"] . "]</p>";
?>

Assuming this script is located at http://example.org/test.php, access this page using a URL like this:

http://example.org/test.php?test=foo

Chris

Paul wrote:

Ok, I have turned global vars off and I have replaced my old
$HTTP_GET_VARS with $_GET[] but I seem to not get the values passed. I
run the phpinfo and I see the variables being stored as
_GET["variable_name"]

Is calling $_GET["variable_name"] correct? If so, why would I not get
the value?
I use it in the following statement (checking if error_message is
empty)

:
if ($_GET["error_message"])