Has anyone heard of or used somthing like this, just received this notice from my
registrar?

-----

Dear Valued Customer,
Great news! We now offer Private Registrations.

What is a private registration? A private registration allows you to shield your
personal information from the WhoIs database when registering a domain while retaining
the full benefits of ownership. With a private domain registration, you keep your
personal information private.

This process is new and so unique that it is supported by two patent applications.

The way it works is simple:
-Domains By Proxy(TM), a sister company of WORXdoamins, becomes the registrant of
record for any new, existing or transferred domain name you designates.
-The "WHOIS" database is then populated with Domains By Proxy's contact information,
not yours!
-Domains By Proxy becomes the registrant of record for any domain name.
-Domains By Proxy's proprietary registration and e-mail handling systems even let you
elect whether or not to receive postal mail or email

Best of all, you still retain the full benefits of ownership! You can cancel, sell,
renew or transfer your domain names; set-up name servers for the private domain name;
resolve disputes involving the domain name; and more.

Getting a Private Registration will:
+ Stop domain-related spam
+ End data mining
+ Deter identity theft
+ Prevent harassers & stalkers
+ Protect your family
+ And more!

To use this great new service just use this link:
http://private.worxdomains.com

-----

spud.

a.h.s. boy
spud(at)nothingness.org "as yes is to if,love is to yes"
http://www.nothingness.org