Hmm, nope.  It's now off and it's still doing that.  (I did restart apache)

Morgan Hughes wrote:

On Mon, 2 Dec 2002, Leif K-Brooks wrote:

Yes, I'm using Apache 1.3.22. Mind giving specifics on what to set
those options to? I'm not very great with configuring apache...

Basically, you can have any number of names resolve to the server's IP
address, via DNS or hosts files (/etc/hosts, c:\windows\hosts, or
c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts). This is especially true if
you're doing virtual hosting on the server.

You use ServerName to tell the server what it's DNS name is, so it
doesn't have to look it up. This may be just one of the several names
you can give the server, but it's the one it will reply with, and the
one it will print out on directory indexes and error messages.

As long as you set UseCanonicalName, the server will use with the
ServerName, or whatever it looked up for its IP address. This may be
different to whatever you accessed it by, so it may redirect you to the
same page with the new name. If you turn off UseCanonicalName, the
server will reply with whatever name you used to contact it, which may
solve this problem.

I almost always run with UseCanonicalName off, on my development
servers... For production servers one doesn't usually have that level
of control... If you can turn it off, try that. I'm not sure it'll
help, but it's worth a try.

Good luck!

--
The above message is encrypted with double rot13 encoding.  Any unauthorized attempt to decrypt it will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.