Jason Wong responded Wednesday, December 04, 2002 10:24 PM

< On Thursday 05 December 2002 10:14, Roger Lewis wrote:
< > Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll try ini_set although I'm not yet
certain
< > of how to use it.

< As has already been pointed out, the uploads take place *before* your
script
< is run. The manual has table which shows what you can and cannot change
using
< ini_set().

< THE place to change it is in php.ini.

< > I checked again and post_max_size is not in my php.ini, but perhaps I
< > should just add it.

< Perhaps you should indeed. I think it defaults to 2M, so if you haven't
set it
< 2MB is your limit.

< > Also, I was wrong before - I do have a directive for memory_limit.  It
is
< > 8M

< I think this only has effect if php was compiled with
"--enable-memory-limit".

< > Regardless, this doesn't explain why I can't upload a file that exceeds
2M,
< > except that I don't seem to be able to reset upload_max_filesize to
greater
< > than 2M.

< You mean you set it in php.ini and phpinfo() reports something different?

< --
< Jason Wong -> Gremlins

That's what I've been trying to say, Jason.  I set upload_max_filesize in
php.ini to 8M, 8000000, or any other number, restart Apache, and the reset
seems to be ignored.  When looking at phpinfo, upload_max_filesize is
*always* 2M.
Adding the directive post_max_size = 16M to my php.ini did nothing except
change my include_path settings ?%!?!*. (I can see in phpinfo that the
default is 8M, but there is no setting in my php.ini)
settings; however, there are no separate settings in my php.ini either.
Do you have any other thoughts on this?
Regards,
Roger