On 6 Mar, 19:57, "Rob" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 6 Mar, 14:03, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > On 6 Mar, 16:40, "jon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Any thoughts on these issues at large? Does anybody have any resources
> > > they know of that address WS-* PHP implementation? I am interested in
> > > starting a discussion about these issues, and of course this may be
> > > the wrong venue, but please contact me if you are interested in
> > > talking about this, or if any of the PHP SOA team members have
> > > thoughts as well.
>
> Jon,
>
> For now, you can use the code I have written for WS-Security and WS-
> Addressing (find it athttp://www.cdatazone.org/in the code section).
> I am still working on the XML Encryption though I do have it working
> from the soap client right now (not yet released code).
> The stuff has been tested against many different SOAP implementations
> such as .NET and a few different Java servers.
>
> > It would be really good to bring this policy idea into our PHP
> > implementation somehow. I.e. simply allow developers to say that they
> > want a binding to be secure or reliable or transactional.  I'm afraid
> > we haven't started this to date. As with everything it's a matter of
> > time.
>
> Simon, I dont know how easy this really would be. I too have been
> thinking about this lately (strictly in respect to SOAP as I'm not
> sure if you are thinking about more binding types). For example, SCA
> leverages ext/soap right now. As you may see from the work I have done
> with some of the WS-* stack on ext/soap, its not a simple plug and
> play. Also, in regards to the SOAP header, many of these cant simply
> be done with the ext/soap header support. Take XML DSig (this is the
> most used WS-Security feature people using my stuff use). The entire
> SOAP envelope needs to have been constructed in order to generate the
> signature in many cases.
>
> If the axis2 stuff is ever released and proves itself, maybe down the
> road it could be leveraged (they claim to do everything), but until
> then you would need to do similar functionality to what I do now.
>
> Rob

Hi Rob

Agreed, its not easy. Most of the existing infrastructure has not been
designed to make this kind of thing easy. This is not restricted to
PHP I have to say. I guess I separate the problem in two in my mind.

Firstly the ability implement security, tansactionality etc. behaviour
over a particular protocol. Some platforms are better than others at
this, eg, in Java SCA they are using Axis2 for WS support and this has
the Rampart WS security implementation (although it's not used at
present in SCA as no security/policy work has been done there either!)
so maybe this will work out in PHP too as you say. I think we do need
to start getting our story straight though in PHP SCA so need to build
some experience of what is going to be required. Having your code will
be a great help so will take a look when time allows. Thanks for the
pointer.

Secondly the ability to develop some sensible way to easily describe
what is required for the developer, i.e. I want a particular reference
to be signed, encrypted, authenticated, without them having to get too
deeply into the nuts and bolts of the implementation apart from
providing credentials etc. Granted doing this in some protocol
independent way sounds like a holy grail task to me but it at least if
we can go some way to hiding all the API schenanigans for an
indiviudual protocol, eg, ws, then this will give us some idea of how
viable the policy based approach is.

Regards

Simon