Hi Simon,

FYI, the issue is now resolved.  As far as I can tell, the problem was
two fold.

 1) The method I was using to populate the SDO_DataObject was no working
 2) After changing that, I also changed the data built out in the data
object.  Some of my data was not properly escaped (ampersand), making
the XML invalid.  An htmlspecialchars fixed that up, and now I have data
being returned.

Thanks again Simon!

Best,

Mike