On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 18:39:29 -0000, Joshua Paine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

lbedubourg wrote:
* Added phptal:cache that caches HTML of any given tag,
* Added phptal_tale() which returns chained TAL expressions as a single PHP expression. It's quivalent to phptal_tales(), but can be used in more contexts (i.e. ${foo | bar}),
* metal:fill-block can fill blocks in parent contexts,
* fixed "not" bug with complex php: expressions,
* fixed tales string backslash escaping,
* fixed only escape < and > in PCDATA,
* fixed php:$foo expression which is evaluated to php:${foo} equals $ctx->{$ctx->foo}.

I suspect I speak for a lot of people when I ask, what do all those mean, exactly?

I've sent documentation for cache in a separate e-mail.

Previously ${foo | bar} would give an error and template wouldn't compile. Same with tal:content="php:$var". Now these expressions work.

Escaping of <style>url('foo') content:""</style> was very XML-specific and didn't work in documents sent as HTML (which unfortunately is a common practice for XHTML).

To use metal:define-block you had to have metal:fill-block in the same context (same template). Now metal:fill-block doesn't store block in its current context and persists between calls to PHPTAL->execute(), so you can decouple page-specific templates from main/layout template (one file can have metal:fill-block and another, executed later can use it in metal:define-block).

This might break templates that rely on blocks being very context-specific and volatile. Let me know if it breaks anything, and I'll see if I can make it more compatible or at least configurable.

--
regards, Kornel