I agree this should become part of the extras package; it's
indispensable to my team's projects.  Regarding the performance, it is
orders of magnitude slower than using a PText, so in some situations
where I would have preferred HTMLNodes, I've made due with PTexts
instead (where there are many onscreen simultaneously and when smooth
performance is essential).

Sam Reid