Hallvard Trætteberg wrote:

> I have a need for an AWT/Swing "clean" version of Piccolo2D, for use
> with Eclipse and SWT.

I don't do much with SWT, so this is curious to me.  Might you be able
to further explain your motivation?

> Hence, the existing SWT compatibility classes aren't enough. Therefore
> I've made an SWT-only port with no references
> whatsoever to AWT/Swing. There were three main issues:
> 1. Replacing Point2D, Rectangle2D, AffineTransform et. al with custom
> classes with same behavior
> 2. Replacing Graphics2D with SWT's corresponding class
> 3. replacing Swing's event handling with SWT's
>
> It wasn't very difficult, and took a couple of days. Now I wonder how
> to contribute this code back. Since I touched almost every file of
> Piccolo's core, I'm not sure it's meaningful to send a patch.
>
> So, what should I do?

Practically, I don't think we have the bandwidth to handle your
contribution until after version 1.3 is released.

The first thing we'll do on trunk after the 1.3 release to prepare for
version 2.0 is to change all the package names to org.piccolo2d (see
Issue 37).  I also forsee a lot of revolutionary changes at that
point, so it'd probably be best to wait until then.

In the meantime, the license for Piccolo2D is pretty clear, so you may
do anything you wish with it as long as all the conditions of the
license are met.  Maybe a branch on a git-hub mirror of our svn
repository, so that we can follow along?

Item 1) above raises some concern though, if you copied Sun's or GNU
Classpath' source code for your custom classes, those might be
incompatible with Piccolo2D's license.

   michael