Owner: ----

New issue 161 by cmal...@pixelzoom.com: full bounds behavior has changed in Piccolo 1.3

What steps will reproduce the problem?

Run the attached example program (DebugFullBounds) under Piccolo 1.3-rc1 or
1.3-rc2, and compare with behavior prior to r923 (which fixed issue 155).
The javadoc in the example explains the details of the issue.

I would expect the full bounds computation to be unchanged pre- and
post-r923.  Instead, a parent node's bounds always affect the full bounds
computation, even when those bounds are empty.  Prior to r923, empty bounds
had no affect on the full bounds computation.

Please use labels and text to provide additional information.

This seems like a significant change in behavior, which could affect layout
code.  We've already found one PhET application that was affected.

Questions:
o Was this behavior change intentional/anticipated when issue 155 was fixed?
o Or was pre-r963 behavior correct? (I'm not entirely sure what's correct.)
o Is this a reason to fail 1.3-rc2?

Attachments:
        DebugFullBounds.java  8.1 KB