Owner: ----

New issue 163 by cmal...@pixelzoom.com: PSwing doesn't draw dynamic JComponent properly

What steps will reproduce the problem?

Run the attached example (TestPSwingDynamicComponent). This example shows 2
identical JPanels with light blue backgrounds and a line border. One panel
is drawn using pure Swing, the other using PSwing.  The JPanels contain 2
JLabels, which can be updated by typing into JTextFields and pressing a
JButton labeled Update.

I would expect the 2 panels to look identical.  The PSwing panel frequently
looks wrong, with one or more of the following symptoms: ellipsis in JLabel
text, cropped rightmost character(s) of JLabel text, entire JPanel scaled,
JLabels rendered in wrong location in JPanel.  Resizing the JFrame seems to
force a redraw, and sometime corrects the rendering.

Please use labels and text to provide additional information.

Also attached are 3 screenshots showing some examples of incorrect rendering.

This problem was first noticed in a PhET application that does something
similar to this example (updates JLabels in a JPanel).

I've spent a little time trying to debug this, but have unsuccessful so far.

Attachments:
        TestPSwingDynamicComponent.java  5.2 KB
        screenshot1.jpg  81.8 KB
        screenshot2.jpg  107 KB