Owner: ----
CC: heue...@gmail.com,  willismo...@gmail.com,  allain.lalonde
Labels: Priority-Medium Type-Other Effort-Low Component-Website Usability

New issue 248 by mr0...@mro.name: hosting piccolo2d.org

Will has been generously donating piccolo2d.org hosting (plus .net and .com) for ~5 years now and wants to step back.

As I think the piccolo2d.org is a good landing page IMO we should keep it.

The current website requires a webserver serving static files. The server runs a cronjob doing svn updates every 4h. No php/db/etc. needed. See https://code.google.com/p/piccolo2d/wiki/WebSiteHowTo#Deployment

Alternative: simply redirect http://piccolo2d.org/ to https://piccolo2d.googlecode.com/svn/site/index.html

What do you guys think?

Anybody stepping forward to host it? Renewal will be due 2014-06-14.