Thanks Alex,

the following fixed the problem. As the bulk of my app will be sending
xml files arround like this I guess I can make these settings globally
for the application. I'm not entierly sure what the implications are.
but I suspect their not too important providing my documents don't
grow to some ridiculous size.

regards

Konrad.