Hi Konrad

> I still don't quite follow what curl is supposed to be showing is
> wrong with my use of http header. I'm installing it now and will dig
> further. I'm determined to get this thing working right.

curl shows you what response is "seen" by the browser.  Getting back
to your previous example:

$ curl -i localhost:8080/@mydata2
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: PicoLisp
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 12:29:56 GMT
Cache-Control: max-age=1
Transfer-Encoding: chunked

curl: (56) Received problem 2 in the chunky parser

curl reports that your code was sending Transfer-Encoding: chunked
header but the data were not sent in the chunked format actually, thus
the error message.

So you have two options:

1) Switching off chunking (i.e. not sending the Transfer-Encoding:
chunked header) as Alex has advised

2) or sending the XML data in the right (chunked) format, see mydata3
function in my example before (using ht:Out function).