On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 10:43:32AM +0100, Tomas Hlavaty wrote:
> The body should be printed using ht:Prin to get good escaping.

Sorry, didn't read this before my previous post ...

> Actually, the more I think about it the less I like it.  It just
> introduces some questions with application specific answers only.
> Maybe it should not be in the picoLisp distribution after all?

Yes, that's the difficult point. And the reason why I thought you are
the right person to decide this, as you seem to have the greatest amount
of practical knowledge and experience with XML ;-)

> The only problem with this code is that the body is not run in the
> parent environment, which I don't know how to fix or what problems it
> could cause.

I think it should be ok, as long as '1' is passed to 'eval' and 'run'.
These evironment lookups will nest.

> Alex, is it more efficient to use push together with reverse or is
> queue fine?

This might depend on the length of the result. 'queue' has the advantage
that the result is ready at any time. Otherwise, I would either use
'make' and 'link', or perhaps 'fifo'?