On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 12:27:48PM +0000, Tomas Hlavaty wrote:
> respond close and close the connection.  Is there any particular
> reason you do not want to close the connection after you served the

Yes, keep-alive was the main reason why I switched to HTTP/1.1 around
the end of 2006.

It speeds up Ajax transactions a lot. You notice it if you try to scroll
a chart when connected to a distant server via HTTPS.

> request? Would you get those problem if you always closed the connection?

I *suspect* that then there would be no problems, but I don't know. I
cannot try on my production systems, my customers would kill me ;-)