Hi Tomas,

> Interesting, it does not seem to make much difference with the C
> version when I take the final 'printf' out of the C code.

That's why I suspect that there might be a way to speed it up.

On the other hand, bignum packages in C usually work with fixed length
arrays (as opposed to linked lists of cells in picoLisp), which make
things easier, and a lot more efficient. The picoLisp solution stays
with the philosophy "no limits", despite the fact that bignums
above a certain size (a few thousand digits?) make no sense.