Hi Tomas,

> > Two major issues are still missing: Networking and database support.
>
> Is there a way to link this version with C libraries and do some kind
> of FFI easily?

This is a third issue (there may be more, though minor, issues) ;-)

I think we discussed it here last year. Basically, there will be a
general 'native' function that allows the direct call of an arbitrary C
function. It will probably look like

   (native "fun" "lib" <ret> <val> ..)

The return type <ret> and the <val> arguments are Lisp expressions that
encode C primitive types, arrays and structures. I don't want to go too
much into the details yet, as all is still evolving.

The advantage over the 32-bit version is that you can directly call C
functions in external libraries, without the need of glue functions.

The disadvantage is that Lisp functions cannot easily be written in C
any more, as the implementation language is now assembly.

The 'ext', 'ht' etc. libraries are also not implemented yet, but the
hooks are there. A smoke test for 'ext' is already in the release

   $ ./dbg
   : (getd 'ext:foo)
   -> 2950612706386
   : (ext:foo)
   -> 1

> Why did you abandon "lisp syntax" for the assembler?

Good question. I considered it initially, but found no advantage using
it (not even for the parser). I think that in such a case the
parentheses would be rather unwieldy. Why would you prefier lisp syntax
here?