Hi Alex,

very interesting!

> I think I have to try to explain some of the reasons that drive
> me. When I program in assembly, I switch to a completely different
> mindset.

Reminds me a bit when I worked on a project where I learnt to quickly
understand what was going on inside a railway interlocking system by
reading hex dump of communication packets.  Not easy for outsiders
trying to understand something at such a low level.  But it can become
a second nature after some time and it has the advantage of really
understanding the things under the hood.

Thank you,

Tomas