First of all, to offload the server from having to build json all the time.

For me the real issue is not speed in the client, given that premise I
simply took a wild guess that building the json and then evaluating it
is a simpler road to take than actually building the composite objects
right away. For me it doesn't matter if the result is even ten times
slower as long as I can do as simple a solution as possible, people
sit on such powerful machines anyway.

Anyway, I've fixed things, incorporating Mateusz changes. However it
wouldn't work with recognizing single pairs/objects so quotes inside
keys are still a no no. This is hair splitting though, I don't even
know if they are legal in the keys. In any case I can't think of a
situation where I would have a string with quotes in it.

I've updated the article, looks like it's working, the string
evaluates OK and we can access values in the resulting object/array.

/Henrik