On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 12:09:59PM +0100, Henrik Sarvell wrote:
> What flags do I need? If I recall correctly I think I tried compiling
> the 32bit version but it didn't work simply using 'make'.

Compiler flags? They should be all in "Makefile", so there is just a

   (cd src; make)

> >> However when I try to run the 32bit server on my 64bit system i now
> >> get "ht:Pack" -- Undefined, how come?
> >
> > You probably have to make (cd src; make clean) to remove the "lib/ht"
> > library before you 'make'.

I believe that because you've first built the 64-bit version, there is
already a library "lib/ht", so this could be the reason why you got

   "ht:Pack" -- Undefined

BTW, it would be very helpful for me if you could find out the reason
why your import didn't work. Otherwise, I cannot fix that bug. For a
first try, I would say

   (traceAll)

before you start your import, and see how far it goes. You can probably
see then which function is called but doesn't return. In the second
step, you could then explicitly also trace some built-in functions
called by that function (as 'traceAll' traces only Lisp-level
functions).

I'd really appreciate if people could send me precise bug reports, after
investigating the reason of a problem. Not just "it doesn't work" or "it
crashes". I'd like to know exactly which functions goes wrong. We have
the same situation with the Mac users. We know that something goes wrong
when loading shared object files, but nobody cares to take a closer look
with a debugger. Quit disappointing ...