Hi Tomas,

> still here;-)  Happy New Year!

Ah, great! Welcome back :)

> > We ran into various restrictions, imposed by existing systems.
> Is it something else than lack of control?

Not much, I suppose. What was annoying me were two points: In Wikidot,
we could not establish links to external sources (i.e. the reference
documentation) in a homogeneous, integrated way. Then we thought about
using some local wiki engine, there the problem was that it would need
Apache which in turn would conflict with other (i.e. PicoLisp) servers.
So the cleanest way would surely be a wiki engine in PicoLisp.

> I can offer my picoWiki code, if people think it would be a good idea to
> "eat our own dog food".  It needs some work but surely we have now
> enough skillful hackers to progress it further:-o

Of course ;-)

As I wrote, I've set up the server. I'll give ssh access to members of
the community, I just don't know how to distribute the password. Perhaps
if interested people send me their gpg key? I've also installed Mercury
(still no repo yet) and an application skeleton (see my previous mail).

Now I've thought to discuss the basic structures. Should we do that
here, or better in a forum on picolisp.org?

- TC/Armadillo and Javier are already busy with the markup syntax. This
  looks also very much like something for you, Tomas.

- For me an interesting part would be the E/R model, for things like
  users, configurations, articles, categories, threads, media, blobs,
  etc. I have no idea yet, as I'm not experienced with practical usage
  of wikis or similar systems.