Hi,

I would like to try the 64-bit PicoLisp on my Intel Mac, and I guess using the (now Oracle) VirtualBox should be one possible way to go. I could maybe start off using one of the GNU/Linux images available here: http://virtualboxes.org/images/ However, to get the 64-bit PicoLisp up and running, I would need a system with the necessary developer tools (C, make, ...) installed. And on the other hand, I could do without a GUI system (GNOME, KDE). Would the Linux system or my Mac, or both, have to be in 64-bit mode for the 64-bit PicoLisp to work?
Could anybody give me some advice about where to start?

/Jon