Hi Edwin,

> if anybody would be so kind to share how they have experienced running
> picolisp in production. fine, not just stories, but also numbers. how

Since we are using PicoLisp in production since 1986, I could perhaps
tell a lot if I should remember it all. Concerning numbers, we have
several customers running many years. Our oldest customer using the
current system has the system running since January 2001 without
interruption. The database of that customer is not very big, though (430
Megabytes, 277723 objects).

> big have your databases grown? how fast has the picolisp appserver

The biggest databases we had for another project, for systems indexing
and classifying filer systems of big customers (I should not tell names
here). There we had distributed databases (up to 70 interconnected
databases) with nearly one billion objects. The larger databases within
such a system were around 100-200 GB, more typical was around 20-80 GB.

> delivered your queries? did you ever get to see the picolisp database

I have never directly measured that speed, that wasn't an issue as all
those apps were not oriented for especially many clients. In this
context perhaps the results of the database contest in the german c't
magazine (http://www.heise.de/kiosk/archiv/ct/2006/13/190) are relevant,
where PicoLisp on the second price.

> recover from unforeseen system errors like crashes from the operating
> system and so?

Fortunately, not yet. We tested such situations, however (pulling the
plug), and normal power outages happened from time to time whithout any
data loss so far.

> can you please share your stories? would love to hear them.

I'm afraid I'm not a good story-teller, so I hope the above fragments
are useful ;-)