Hi Tomas,

> if I understand it well, you have all the articles locally on one
> machine.  I wonder how long a simple grep over the article blobs would
> take?  22 seconds seems very long for any serious use.  Have you

Such numbers are very variable, and difficult to predict.

For example, in the system mentioned in my previous mail, with
informations about millions of files distributed across several hosts,
searching for a given combination of e.g. file name pattern and
meta-informations like access times, sizes or md5 keys might take a few
seconds at the first access, but subsequent accesses (i.e. continuing
the search by scrolling down the list) showed almost no delay at all.