Hi Alex,

On 05-04-11 13:48 , Alexander Burger wrote:
Hi Jon,

how much work would it involve if we ported the 'rcsim' flight simulator
to our new OpenGL library?
Or, perhaps even better: How about investigating WebGL?
Is a port of your 'rcsim' flight simulator still interesting? I
Yes, sure! :)

It is a kind of pet project for me, and occasionally I still let it fly
(though not the applet version, but using "bin/z3dClient").

be to start writing a 3d model of the Fokker plane in JSON format,
if possible using a similar scheme as the one used for the tea pot
in this article:
<http://learningwebgl.com/blog/?p=1658>
What would be the advantage of JSON over the current S-EXPR format of
the model?

I thinks it depends on what you want the PicoLisp server to do, and what you want the web client to do, and I don't know very much about your z3dClient solution. Maybe it was a very "thin" client, leaving most work to the server ...? My idea was to let the web client hold the object models, and I thought I would start by getting the Fokker plane up in the browser before I did any server/client communication at all. That's why I was thinking of the JSON format. By "the current S-EXPR format" I guess you mean the PicoLips code in rcsim/fokker.l (and env.l) ...?

/Jon