I can understand both your arguments Thorsten but in the end there must've
been a reason why you found PicoLisp interesting enough that you wanted to
try it out as opposed to using elisp/common lisp for everything.

Perhaps it was the brevity and clarity of syntax, the minimalism?

I can tell you this, I didn't go for PicoLisp because it enabled me to write
"packages" with the help of function names of the form foo.bar.func.