Henrik Sarvell <hsarv...@gmail.com>
writes:

Hi Henrik,

> For emacs I wrote jump to documentation some while back:
> http://www.prodevtips.com/2010/11/03/autocompletion-jump-to-documentation-swank-and-slime/
>
> If you don't care to do the jump here is the e-lisp code that you put
> in your config:
>
> (defun picolisp-jump ()
>  (interactive)
>  (let (myword myurl)
>    (setq myword
>          (if (and transient-mark-mode mark-active)
>              (buffer-substring-no-properties (region-beginning) (region-end))
>            (thing-at-point 'symbol)))
>   (setq myurl (concat "http://www.software-lab.de/doc/ref"; (upcase
> (substring myword 0 1)) ".html#" myword))
>   (browse-url myurl)))
>
> Invocation:
>
> (define-key picolisp-mode-map (kbd "C-M-r") 'picolisp-jump)

This is really great, thanks.

I was looking for an easier way to access the documentation from inside
emacs. It works just fine for me, except one little thing: the emacs-w3m
window (in my case) always replaces the picolisp window, instead of
splitting it and showing both buffers, w3m and picolisp.

I use (w3m-use-tab t), what seems to be a logical choice, unfortunately
it overrides the usual split window behaviour by (w3m-pop-up-windows t).
Maybe you use w3m too and found a solution for this?

cheers
--
Thorsten