On April 30, 2012 at 12:15 PM Alexander Burger <a...@software-lab.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
> bad news: The 64-bit version of PicoLisp doesn't (yet) run properly on
> Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.

But really, this post is good news!  You found the problem! :-)
(I am really happy that you did, because it annoyed me that it I had
 no idea what it could be.)

> For "normal" calls (i.e. to the built-in C libraries) the stack was not
> necessarily aligned. This was for efficiency. And under the assumption
> that the standard libraries would not use SSE instructions, and that
> such an optimization would not matter. Also, guaranteeing the stack

On the other hand, all AMD64 processors support SSE, so there is no
particular reason for the compiler NOT to use them if the compiler feels
like it.

> it to run on Ubuntu, I've changed the C call mechanisms today. It is
> available with, downloadable as the current testing version.

Cool and thanks!

best regards,