Google couldn't show me any prior discussions of websockets and picolisp.

Is it too early to start thinking about this maybe, seems like the
spec/ref is still changing a little bit too fast/much atm?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebSocket

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6455

C lib: http://git.warmcat.com/cgi-bin/cgit/libwebsockets/

It came up today when I started to think about how crude file uploads
via http is with no way of knowing the progress, but they can be used
for much much more than fancy uploading interfaces of course.

Having looked a bit at the ref ( http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6455 )
it seems to me that it looks quite straight forward.

The question is, what is easier/more efficient, implementing this from
scratch or with the help of the C lib and native? That is the question
that maybe someone more experienced in C/in general than me can
answer?