Hi Henrik,

> There can be up to 200 persons logged in at the same time at the site
> where I'm using websockets now, that would be 100 HTTP POSTS per
> second with full HTTP headers etc just to check for notifications that
> perhaps 1 or 2 of them would get per 10 seconds.

Not such a big problem. If I measure the described chat client, pinging
every 2 seconds, I get 335 Bytes per second on the average. This amounts
to 65 kB per second for 200 clients. Not a big problem today. Typically
the actual traffic caused by each of the clients is bigger by an order
of magnitude.