Joe Bogner <joebog...@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Joe,

> I'd be interested in hearing if anyone has a need or has created a
> PicoLisp app on Android

I just figured out recently that there are actually companies making
money (and hiring software-developers) developing Apps for Android
phones and similar devices for their paying clients. Maybe this could be
a path for PicoLisp to become more commercial?

If (and only if ;) its easy to develop and run PicoLisp apps on Android,
and development is equally or more efficient with PicoLisp than with
Java, people (= hiring companies and their end-users, or paying clients)
might not care about the underlying technology?

> On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 1:06 PM, Thorsten Jolitz
> <tjol...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Doug Snead <semaphore_2...@yahoo.com>
>> writes:
>>
>> Hi Joe and Doug,
>>
>> I read up your conversations about PicoLisp on Android in the mailing
>> list and your articles in the Wiki about the topic:
>>
>>> Ok, so now this means we can package some picolisp client/server
>>> applications as android apps, using the android browser. (I think.) I
>>> like that approach because it works with the android browser and app
>>> packaging scheme - and at the same time you're getting picolisp in all
>>> its glory and efficiency.
>>
>> I don't have an Android device to try out your code examples, but I
>> would be interested in the 'status quo' of this topic - is full PicoLisp
>> running on Android, have there been any real Apps implemented in
>> PicoLisp by somebody?
>>
>> If so - are there any cons of using PicoLisp instead of Java to be
>> considered?
>>
>> --
>> cheers,
>> Thorsten