Alexander Burger <> writes:

Hi Alex,

>> assume I want to use <menu> and <tab> in a context where calls to
>> #+begin_src picolisp
>>  (html 0 "Hello" "@lib.css" NIL ...)
>> #+end_src
>> are unnessesary or even unwanted since the HTML produced by the PicoLisp
>> functions should be embedded into a html-page that is produced by another
>> program.
>> without a surrounding '(html ... ) call.
> This should be all right. All those HTML-generating functions just print
> formatted output.

ok, it makes my life easier if I can simply skip the (html ...) calls in
this case ...

>> How can I tell <menu> and <tab> about "@lib.css" in this case? Is
>> there a way to pass both, the css file and attribute-value pairs to
>> these two tag-functions?
> <menu> or <tab> actually don't know or care about CSS. The line
>>   (<div> '(id . main) ...
> will generate the output
> where the class "main" refers to a CSS class. The browser which
> generates the page must receive the right CSS file(s). In case of the
> PicoLisp 'html' function, this is done automatically in the page header.
> In your case, it should be possible that you call (javascript "lib.css")
> to generate
>    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://:/lib.css";></script>
> but the problem might be to get the pathnames right. Note that for the
> above the global '*JS' must be non-NIL, because otherwise 'javascript'
> outputs nothing.

that looks like a nice solution, but I can't make it work. I tried this:

| (chdir (path "@")
|  (javascript "lib.css") )

which should solve the pathname problem, but the CSS is not loaded, the
tabs e.g. don't work and have the looks of plain links.

value of *JS is:
| "@lib/form.js"

html output is:
| <script type="text/javascript" src="http://:/lib.css";></script>

I'm a bit confused about this part:

| http://:/

what is this :/ standing for? I know the : as path-separator on Linux,
but here?