Hi Jon,

thanks for the input!

> obtain the PicoLisp.java source for the ersatz/picolisp.jar, I did
> cd ersatz/
> pil mkJar +
>
> I then created an empty Java project in Eclipse and imported the
> PicoLisp.java source. To avoid a NullPointerException when running my
> project, I entered "-DPID=999" into 'VM arguments' in 'Run
> Configurations'. (999 just seemed to work for now. $$ did not.) Then I
> could do simple PicoLisp stuff in the Eclipse Console. ;-)

Great!

> However, Eclipse gave me 36 warnings. They may mean next to nothing for
> the Ersatz execution. Most of the warnings (23) were "The value of the
> local variable ... is not used". In case you should want to do some
> cleaning up when having some spare time, I have attached a zip file
> containing the (tab separated) warnings.txt (and the PicoLisp.java).

OK. First I removed

   import java.nio.channels.spi.*;

from "ersatz/sys.src", it seems indeed not necessary.

But I don't get the point with the messages

   The value of the local variable next is not used   PicoLisp.java
/Ersatz/src line 1507   Java Problem

because 'next' is in fact used (and needed!) in all those cases.

How come?

Also, I'm not sure about those "is a raw type" messages. My Java
knowledge is rather outdated, I'm afraid. How to fix those?