Hi David,

> If I have an +Entity with a +Joint to another +Entity and (show ...) it I
> get an external symbol rather than the data connected to it. How can I show
> all of the data connected to this object? So far the best I've come up with
> is to (dm show> ...) and use (show (: theproperty)) but I want to know if
> there's a more idiomatic way.

If I understand you correctly, you are looking for a generic and
reflective way to show all data, without having to write entity-specific
methods, right?

The 'edit' function is remotely doing that, in that it shows the
class(es) of the object(s) in a relation (and also decodes calendar
dates). It doesn't show the individual properties of those objects,
though, but recurses if you click on them with 'K'. In general, I would
use 'edit' to browse graphs of database objects.

Otherwise, you could write a custom version of 'show' which displays all
properties of the object using 'getl'. But I do not believe it will be
visually appealing.

> Also how would I connect a (gui ...) component to such an object which will
> show all of the data of the object rather than external symbols ponting to
> relations?

As gui components are typed, you would have to resort to a dumb text
field or textarea to show things completely generically. How about using
the gui 'repl' function (which opens an interactive REPL in the browser,
be careful about security issues!!) and then your 'show' from above? ;)