Hi Christophe,

> Christophe Gragnic <christophegrag...@gmail.com> writes:
> On Sat, Aug 30, 2014 at 11:31 AM, Tomas Hlavaty <t...@logand.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Executing a script doesn't mean every line will work as expected!
>>> `rm -fr /` can be executed, but doesn't always work ;)
>>
>> You see, then you are not allowing arbitrary functionality.
>
> Maybe I should have said:
> «Execute arbitrary scripts while limiting their effects.»

would this clasify?

$ cat >/dev/null
rm -fr /
^d

I executed arbitrary script while limiting its effects.

The most important missing part is do define, what functionality exactly
do you want to allow and which effects are acceptable.  Even if you
allow "safe" operations (whatever that means), users could spin your
machine in a loop eating precious CPU time.  How would you limit that at
PicoLisp or Tcl level?

Cheers,

Tomas