Hi Alex,

On 13. Jan, 2015, at 15:37, Alexander Burger <a...@software-lab.de> wrote:

. . .
>> How difficult would it be to create export and import functions, e.g.
>> to and from tab-separated files? This could be separate utilities, i.e.
>> not a part of the GUI.
>
> That's very easy. There is a report mechanism in PicoLisp. You find
> examples for that in the demo application in the "app/" directory. The
> 'csv' function is called there, e.g. in "sales.l" and "inventory.l".
>
> Same with import. You can import CSV or XML (an example for the latter
> is in http://picolisp.com/wiki/?osmgeodata). But each case is different,
> depending on the specialities of the format at hand.
>

> If you just want an import/export, you could use 'dump'.
>
>   (load "@lib/too.l")
>   (out "adrDump.l"
>      (dump (db nm +Prs @@)) )
>
> You can then do (load "adrDump.l") to read the data back.
. . .
> ♪♫ Alex

I’ve got the dump and load working, but I have not yet figured out how to use
the 'csv’ function for import from a file (I took a look at "sales.l" and
“inventory.l”). Maybe it would be just as easy to generate an adrDump.l file
from a CSV file? The only thing that I don’t understand about the adrDump.l
file, is the dotted pair after the (+Prs), as here: (obj (+Prs) (1 . 27)
Can that dotted pair be generated according to some simple rule?

/Jon